Senior Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering)
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Enterprise Data Solution (EDS) is focused on enabling insights into Mastercard network and help build data-driven products by curating and preparing data in a secure and reliable manner. Moving to a “Unified and Fault-Tolerant Architecture for Data Ingestion and Processing” is critical to achieving this mission.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering) in Enterprise Data Solution (EDS), you will have the opportunity to build high performance data pipelines to load into Mastercard Data Warehouse. Our Data Warehouse provides analytical capabilities to number of business users who help different customers provide answer to their business problems through data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
• Partner on the design the next implementation of Mastercard secure, global data and insight architecture, building new Stream processing capabilities and operationalizing “Unified Data Acquisition and Processing (UDAP) platform”
• Own medium-to-large size data engineering projects
• Discover, ingest, and incorporate new sources of real-time, streaming, batch, and API-based data into our platform to enhance the insights we get from running tests and expand the ways and properties on which we can test
• Assist business in utilizing data-driven insights to drive growth and transformation.
• Build and maintain data processing workflows feeding Mastercard analytics domains.
• Facilitate reliable integrations with internal systems and third-party API's as needed.
• Support data analysts as needed, advising on data definitions and helping them derive meaning from complex datasets.
• Prototype new algorithms, experiment, evaluate and deliver actionable insights.
• Experiment with new tools to streamline the development, testing, deployment, and running of our data pipelines.
• Work with cross functional agile teams to drive projects through full development cycle.
• Help the team improve with the usage of data engineering best practices.
• Collaborate with other data engineering teams to improve the data engineering ecosystem and talent within Mastercard.
• Creatively solve problems when facing constraints, whether it is the number of developers, quality or quantity of data, compute power, storage capacity or just time.
• Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing.
All About You
• At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service based organization
• Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
• Experience in building and deploying production level data driven applications and data processing workflows/pipelines
• Experience with application development frameworks (Java/Scala, Spring)
• Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
• Experience implementing REST services with support for JSON, XML and other formats
• Experience with performance Tuning of Database Schemas, Databases, SQL, ETL Jobs, and related scripts
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
• Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Nice To Have
• Strong familiarity with batch processing and workflow tools such as NiFi
• Familiarity with modern BI and data exploration tools.
• Experience in developing integrated cloud applications with services like Azure or GCP
• Experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, or Python and deliver analytics involving all phases like data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling, tuning, evaluating, monitoring and presenting
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.